IBMS is a signature initiative by Karnal police towards creating a safe Karnal.
The objective is to sensitize citizens of Karnal on the perils of gender based violence. Karnal Police has planned on conducting a mega campaign on 19th June during Raahgiri and the same day evening at market places in association with WRI-India, Global shapers, Jagori, Safetipin and Raahgiri Team
Activities will include
- Three photo booths with messages and props against violence and promoting Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, setup by Global Shapers
- A face painting booth to be set up by Raahgiri Team, where participants may paint images/messages in support for the initiative
- A white t-shirt booth where participants may hand print on T-shirts (provided by Karnal Police) in support to the cause, this activity needs volunteer support from the Raahgiri Team
- Street play on the theme will be performed by a renowned group from Delhi at Raahgiri and market places in the evening
- A workshop on "Open Street Audit Mapping" of Karnal to be conducted by team Safetipin where residents mark/comment /share problems / required solution for respective areas on the map
- Placards/posters designed by Jagori and WRI for campaign at both Raahgiri and market places
- Songs and dances with the theme of the campaign will be played on the stage maintained by Manav Puri
- Singing and any other activities related to the campaign will be conducted at the main stage near super market in continuation with Raahgiri activities
- "Orange it up" campaign will be conducted by Global Shapers at both Raahgiri and market areas
- A human chain using orange ribbons at market areas to attract and improve interaction among people to support the campaign, conducted by the entire IBMS Team together
- A major activity to be conducted by the entire IBMS Team will be to highlight major intersections of the city with the theme of campaign (putting up posters, painting, etc.), so that it forms a physical reminder that the city should stand up for the cause of "Violence against women" and "Beti Bachao Beti Padhao"